I have added pictures to previous posts, so scroll down to see more!!
Still in Yinchuan and waiting to hear about the hotel in Datong where I will stay when my girlfriend comes. I hope to make more progress with the Chinese website today and make many more pictures.
Just for the fun of it I have written a list of the most regular things I do when in a town. Most of these activities can ONLY be dealt with when I am in a town. The list is not complete, but gives an idea of how I spend my ‘rest days’.
- Check and answer mails, pay bills etc.
- Wash clothes, MSR water bag, clean equipment and make any necessary repairs.
- Go out and eat a fatty meal before restaurants close. I usually get to a town in the evening.
- Transfer pictures from cameras to PC, delete all the useless ones to save space and rename them. I take very many pictures. Yesterday I deleted more than a GB of pictures.
- Select pictures for website, edit, upload and put comments to them on www.picturesfromchina.com
- Write and insert pictures in missing blogg entries.
- Make sure the Great Wall route map is correct and make changes if needed. The personal beacon sender I use is not 100% reliable. There are currently two days missing that I have to correct.
- Edit and send pictures to Chinese people I have met.
- Work on the Chinese version of the website.
- Keep in contact with media back home in Norway.
- Plan the route for the next stretch of the walk. This includes studying Google Earth, the Great Wall Forum map of the Great Wall and the provincial map. Then I make meaningful waypoints on the GPS so that I can make good decisions while walking the Great Wall.
- Try and keep up with mails from friends and family.
- Stay in more than touch with my ever so patient girlfriend.
- Respond to other peoples comments on the site, and mails regarding the walk.
- Order and follow up the winter equipment that my girlfriend will be bringing to China. My parents are helping out here.
- Make online backup of all pictures and other valuable information.
- Charge batteries: camera (3), mobile (3) and mp3 player (1)
- Buy food and other items for the next stretch
- Oh yes – and of course try and get some rest…
These are my three top priorities apart from actually walking the Great Wall!
- Get ready for a great time with Trude in Datong in three weeks time
- Finish the Chinese website
- Start focusing on the fund raising aspect of this walk